Sunday, September 16, 2007

Verbatim Quotes from Republicans

When Clinton was President
Kentuky's Senior Senator Mitch McConnell said during a speech on the floor of the U.S. Senate
"Domestic terrorism is not a cause we have to fight or a project we need to fund. We are not interested in capturing bin Laden. Even though he has been offered to us. We are not the world's policemen. It's not our job to clean up other countries messes or arrest it's bad guys."

When Clinton was committing troops to Bosnia
Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)
"You can support the troops but not the president."

Joe Scarborough (R-FL)
"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."

Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99
"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"

Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
"[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."

Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)
"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign policy."

Karen Hughes, speaking on behalf of George W Bush
"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they have a clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy."

Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)
"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarified rules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our over-extended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today"

Governor George W. Bush (R)-TX
"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

Source

Such hypocrisy. Such lies in the face of the public so that the republican administration can continue with it’s agenda.

A senseless war occurs, against the wrong people, for the wrong reasons all while the gap between the rich and poor continues to widen and our education system gets flushed down the toilet.

With the amount of money spent on this war, we could have hired 16 million teachers or 8 million cops. We could have actually done some good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

And????

Whats the point of this post.

That you can take quotes out of context and use them to smear people by association.

You can do the same thing with D's and the exact opposite with R's. Many have shown alarms being raised against the Clinton Adminstration that were ignored(especially after OKC).

Think about what this post represents. Its the darkest of political smear politics.

Let me guess. You also have issues when the same technique you've used for this post is done in a political attack ad?

Don't become that partisan hack. The one who just grasps for anything that reinforces their worldveiw to prop up their substandard heros.

Start thinking for yourself. Provide real analysis instead of proxy links. Your starting to do it with M50. Do it with other issues including Iraq.

BatmanTempest said...

The point is self evident to those who despise the elitist right and their neocon brethren, (one and the same).

If you don't understand the point of this post, then just read the top of the page… my goal is to ridicule your side at every possible opportunity. And if that isn't enough, then I'll use truth to throw your lies back in the faces of your team. Your side is full of nothing but liars, scoundrels and robber baron elitists whose sole purpose is to make themselves as wealthy as possible.

And your are but the lemmings in their wake. "goooo TEAM!"

All quotes are taken in context. The truth doesn't taste good does it? And yes, I will smear your side with every ounce of breath I have. I don't even have to lie, there's so much truth out there!

"Think about what this post represents. Its the darkest of political smear politics."
And??? Your point is? I already admitted that I will smear you and yours with everything I have available to me that happens to be the truth. And I don't even need to resort to mentioning to people like
Larry Craig.


Start thinking for yourself. Provide real analysis instead of proxy links. Your starting to do it with M50. Do it with other issues including Iraq.
Dar!pdx.. you simply don't get it. Let me explain… [taking gloves off and sitting down].. your side, your team, comprised of conservatives/libertarians/neocons/republicans of all walks of life is stronger, smarter, faster and more conniving than my team. I admit it. You guys are the best. Just listen for a second. You have Rove, you have Rice, you have Murdock, you had Powell in your pocket, you had Rumsfeld, you guys have think tanks and young republicans and groups that actively HATE liberals and you also have money!

This is the truth. Republicans are stereotypically more wealthy than bleeding heart liberals. Now… [here is where I loose you] Rove was a Muth F----. That bastard was the best at lying, cheating and inventing every underhanded dirty trick in the book. Who do we have?..... [crickets].

Now… Dare!pdx, please, read in between the lines here. With the above premise, what do you think someone such as myself sees his or her role as? What is my role? Do I… consider myself one to come to the table of proper discourse and discuss nuclear weapons and invasion tactics over tea? Do I discuss the national ramifications of the pros and cons of maintaining a minimum wage, much less raising it, in the face of your team wanting to wipe it off the face of the earth?

You of all people on NW Republican should be smart enough to figure out what my role is. I'm not going to fight fair Dare. I won't lie… but I won't fight fair.

You call me hack, mindless, and everything else you can think of. But the one thing you can't accuse me of is fighting fair, lying or poor spelling.

You bring one plausible argument to the table, and I'll listen. You stop me in my tracks with a supported fact, and I'll back down.

But until then.. I play by Rove's rules.

Unknown said...

What about those who despise the eletist left? You know the ones who try to pick the house I must live in, the school I have no choice but to send my child to, and the complicated taxes I must pay simply because. (Notice your arguments are so simple I can work them in reverse)

I think your definition of elitist is a little skewed. Are we simoultaneously uneducated hillibillies as you once said and ivory tower elitists?

I understood the post. If you are proud and standing by this hack stunt so be it. You shouldn't be.

They aren't my lies. And what this post represents is a pretty huge spoonful of cognitive dissonance (the fanciest psy/soc 101 you have I suppose). There were members of your parties making the same statements right along with these Republicans. Reality from the sidelines and inside the ring is two different things.

The truth tastes fine. Thats not what your seasoning with. Billigerant anger is what your dishing out.

And talking about our elitist wealthy membership. Ever heard of George Soros, Warren Buffet, and John Kerry just to name a few workin man's billionaires. The argument that Republicans are rich and Democrats aren't is patently false. Democrats are urban and typically have higher levels of education. They make more money on average than rural small business owners (the backbone of the Republican party).

Again you prove that your being manipulated by your party. Your thread above literally reads like a Lakoff fundraising letter. Think for yourself. Forward your own thoughts.

BatmanTempest said...

Dare!.. you still don’t get it. We are at war right now.. (with who right now, I really don’t know) against some long lost ideology. If this was 1964/64 and it was Kennedy or Johnson, I’d be spouting the same thing.

We’re at war, Black Water just got DXd, or 86d, from Iraq because of killing innocents. Our own soldiers are killing innocents. The decision to go there was founded on the republican agenda and on fundamental untruths. And we are still there on some new fundamental untruths.

The public lapped up what was given to them when Bush gave his State of the Union in 2003. You dare to call me a follower and to preach what has been spoon fed to me yet in the same breath you state that Kerry and Clinton and gang supported going to war.

Well I never did. Am I belligerent? Yes I am. Am I pissed? Yes I am. Do I want to take a 2x4 to the nearest neocon for spouting off their blathering vomit? Yes I sure as hell do.

What? I have no fucking right to get pissed when our government pisses away BILLIONs of dollars a month on a war that you most certainly believe in? I have no right to dissent?

YOUR PARTY, the republicans in the White House made it public policy to call people who questioned their acts traitors. Your party forced other countries into the Coalition of the Willing and when the other countries, I think New Zealand was one, didn’t comply, they were punished. This is your party that is leading us into one disgusting mess after another.

And look at you. How dare you, even after you spout your righteous statements of “I do not love bush!” you continue to persecute me and anyone else who questions your war machine and your politics and your foreign policy.

More of the same. Demonize those who dissent for they are the supporters of terrorism. And you call me a follower… Open your eyes buddy boy. How many other “liberals” are willing to meet you guys toe to toe. How many other “liberals” are willing to be the first to say MoveOn was not cool?

Hardly any. My anger and disgust is fueled by your party’s acts as well as my own party’s spineless sniveling and cowardice. The impotence of my party disgusts me.

But in your eyes, and those who pull your strings and put words into your mouth, me questioning your politics is tantamount to treason. In your eyes, me being angry merely illegitizes any point I might make. How convenient for you to live in a world where you don't have to deal with dissention or resistance of any kind.

Don’t make me laugh. I’m not following your lead.

Unknown said...

So are you denouncing (as you wanted me to do) every Presidential candidate on the democratic slate other than Obama?

I don't persecute you. In fact your behavior on NW Republican would be considered something a little less than friendly.

I ask questions and present commonly known facts that conflict with your arguments and you seem to overlook or respond angrily. By the way this is the actual definition of cognitive dissonance (knowledge that conflicts with your assumptions).

What I am doing is called a dialogue. Its being done politely and on the terms of the arguments you put forward.

Me questioning your opinions and your diagreeing with mine is not treason. Its American....

I am not threatened by your political views in fact I'm entertained by their simplistic world view. Whether you stay liberal or slide rightward in your opinions the depth of your political philosophy will have a lot of growing to do.

As for your violent response. You really should seek help and potentially medication. An anger response like that is antisocial.